The pain from these veins can be excruciating. A blood clot or open sores on your legs might occur due to varicose veins. Leg veins can be eliminated or diminished with a minimally invasive procedure. In addition to relieving pain and weariness, varicose vein treatment Boise can also help to avoid further issues.
The reason why we see veins in our legs?
Damaged veins are the cause of varicose and spider veins. It occurs when the veins’ small, one-way valves fail. When a vein is overflowing with blood, it puts pressure on the vein’s walls. Vein walls weaken and swell under constant pressure.
These varicose veins are more common in some persons than others. Having them in your family puts you at greater risk. Most days of the week, people sit or stand for lengthy periods, and as a result, they develop these problems. Pregnancy and aging also increase the prevalence of these veins.
It is possible that spider veins can be induced by exposure to sunlight, hormonal changes, or an accident.
Treatments for leg veins that dermatologists use:
If you want to enhance your circulation, your dermatologist can advise you on how to do so. These are some of the things you should keep in mind:
- Lift your legs off the ground
- Do you spend a lot of time sitting down? Every 30 minutes, get up and stroll around.
Existing varicose and spider veins cannot be cured by following self-care guidelines.
A blood clot is less likely to form due to the constant pressure on your lower legs. However, the veins in your legs will still be visible.
A dermatologist can evaluate you to ensure that you get the correct size and amount of compression from your stockings.
Throughout the years, sclerotherapy has been refined by dermatologists to make it safer and more effective for patients. Now it is used to treat spiders and smaller varicoses by dermatologists.
This is what happens during sclerotherapy treatment:
- Your dermatologist may inject a chemical into your spider or varicose vein to irritate the vein’s wall. Different parts of the vein are targeted for injection.
- Massage by your dermatologist may follow the injections.
- It is then applied to each leg with a compression stocking in place.
- After a short period of observation, you’ll be free to go home.
- Take regular walks and wear compression stockings as prescribed to avoid unwanted adverse effects.
- In most cases, you can go back to work the next day.
Sclerotherapy causes the vein walls to adhere together, preventing blood flow. Varicose veins might take anywhere from three to four months to heal. In the office, a dermatologist can do these procedures. There’s no need for sedation or anesthesia.
Spider veins and minor varicose veins can be treated with lasers by dermatologists. Your dermatologist will use a laser to target a vein during laser treatment. More prominent spider veins and varicose veins will deepen and remain visible for one to three months before disappearing.